Why Wood Fencing
Six Reasons For Wood Fencing!
1. Red cedar boards improve the look of your property. Having a wood fence will improve the aesthetic qualities of your home or business. For example, Western Red Cedar's earthy luster and pleasing aroma is enjoyed by most people and reminds them of the outdoors. If you ever want to put your property up on the real estate market, having an attractive Western Red Cedar (WRC) fence will be a sound investment to make.
2. It shields you from the elements. While your wood fence won't keep the rain from falling on your head, it will help protect your property and family from the elements. Red cedar boards help shield your yard, home and gardens from blistering wind driven rain, freezing snow and the baking sun. No matter what season or what your weather condition, wood fencing protects your home and yard from the harshest weather Mother Nature can produce.
3. It brings you privacy and added security. A wood fence keeps unwanted pets and visitors from wandering on your property, and they also keep the smaller members of your family and furry friends from wandering off! A gate can be easily built into your wood fence that can be locked from the inside; preventing strangers from entering but also letting you enjoy quick access to the outside.
4. You can make it fit your personality. There are many different kinds of Western Red Cedar fencing styles to select from including privacy fencing, dog-eared tops, estate, lattice topped, scalloped, slate spacing, board-on-board, and many others.Some fence owners want the top of their fence to have open slots while others prefer it closed off. You can also choose whether to have your red cedar boards stained, painted or go with a different wood species like one made from white wood, like our RightWood line of fences. Ultimately, there's no wrong way to pick or personalize your fence design - it's entirely up to your own personal preference, but wood is the sound choice.
5. It will be around for years to come. The built-in durability of a wood like Western Red Cedar makes it tough to stand up to the elements and changing temperatures. WRC also exudes natural oils that bugs and fungi don't like. With occasional maintenance work every 5-7 years, your fence will still look great 20 years or more down the road.
6. Affordability. There is no other fencing material on the market which looks as appealing, last as long at such an affordable price as wood. For example, dollar for dollar a Coastal Western Red Cedar Fence has the durability to last for decades and at a value to fit the most price conscious shopper.