Mechanic / Amanda Park, WA
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Amanda Park, WA
Full time, 40 hours per week
Job open until filled
Mechanics are an essential part of operations at Alta Forest Products, ensuring that all rolling stock is maintained and kept in proper working condition.
- Troubleshoot vehicle condition through inspections and diagnostics to identify and repair/replace worn or damaged components.
- Completes preventative maintenance according to designated schedules.
- Analyses, diagnoses, and repairs all deficiencies in vehicle systems and system components.
- Takes responsibility and ownership for knowledge, continual education, and craftsmanship of all aspects of the job.
- Read, understand, and apply schematics and manuals to job related tasks.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with service mechanics and salespeople.
- Minimum of four years mechanic work required. Mechanic work on industrial rolling stock, diesel, and electrical systems preferred.
- Strong safety skills and a desire to lead others in working safely.
- Organized, self-motivated and able to work with no supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Fabrication, welding, and cutting skills.
- Troubleshooting and preventative maintenance experience.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment, including climbing and heavy lifting.
- Be willing to work weekends, holidays (if needed), and under adverse weather conditions.
Alta Forest Products is the leader in the wood fencing industry, providing various types and styles of wood fencing products in cedar, fir, and stained “white” wood. We believe in innovation and providing employees with the necessary training, tools, and opportunities to create personal success and growth. We are looking for self-motivated individuals that strive for excellence in all aspects of their work, from turning a wrench to supporting the members of their team.
Our benefits include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Production incentive bonus
- Paid holidays.
Email Resume to: