Journeyman Millwright / Shelton, WA
Full time, 40 hours per week
Job open until filled
Journeyman Millwrights are an essential part of sawmill operations, ensuring that equipment and machinery are in proper working condition and that mill production is maximized.
- Perform maintenance and repair work on sawmill equipment such as motors, chains, belts, hydraulic systems, and pneumatic air systems.
- Fabricate and assemble items using metal and wood.
- Observe sawmill machinery and adjust controls to ensure quality is maintained.
- Study and use blueprints and ensure that installation specifications are being met.
- Minimum of four years millwright experience required.
- Strong safety skills and a desire to lead others in working safely.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Welding and cutting skills.
- Carpentry skills.
- Troubleshooting and preventative maintenance experience.
- Experience with pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment, including climbing and heavy lifting.
- Be willing to work weekends and holidays (if needed).
Alta Forest Products is the leader in the wood fencing industry, providing various types and styles of wood fencing products in cedar, fir, and stained “white” wood. We believe in innovation and providing employees with the necessary training, tools, and opportunities to create personal success and growth. We are looking for self-motivated individuals that strive for excellence in all aspects of their work, from turning a wrench to supporting the members of their team.
Our benefits include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Production incentive bonus
- Paid holidays.
Email Resume to