Journeyman Electrician / Amanda Park, WA
Journeyman Electrician: Morton, WA
Full time, 40 hours per week
Job open until filled
Journeyman Industrial Electricians are an essential part of sawmill operations, ensuring that electrical equipment is in proper working condition and that mill production is maximized. The qualified candidate will hold an Idaho Journeyman’s license or equivalent. 3rd and 4th year electrical apprentices will also be considered, depending on experience.
- Safely install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical equipment.
- Continuously evaluate and analyze electrical quality and safety processes and procedures.
- Use strong communication skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with other mill departments.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Modeling, implementing, and complying with all company safety rules and industry standards
- Utilize troubleshooting skills to assist in designing and repairing electrical systems
Understanding and working with:
- Three-phase systems
- Tempo sonic linear positions
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Troubleshooting with Allen Bradly PLC processors, series 5, 500, and 5000
- Bending and working with RMC, IMC, and EMT conduit
- Must be able to use and interpret the NEC code book.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Saw mill experience.
- Experience with hydraulics, welding, and pneumatics.
- Familiarity with sawmill optimization and scanning equipment.
- General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment, including climbing and heavy lifting.
- Be willing to work weekends and holidays (if needed).
- Be willing to work both indoors and outdoors, in all weather conditions.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Is trustworthy and self-motivated.
Alta Forest Products is the leader in the wood fencing industry, providing various types and styles of wood fencing products in cedar, fir, and stained “white” wood. We believe in innovation and providing employees with the necessary training, tools, and opportunities to create personal success and growth. We are looking for self-motivated individuals that strive for excellence in all aspects of their work, from pulling boards to supporting the members of their team.
Our benefits include:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Production incentive bonus
- Paid holidays.
Email Resume to: email@example.com